Tandoori Chicken Recipe
A classic chicken starter recipe! This grilled chicken is a popular Punjabi snack that can be served with onion rings and a green chutney. The juicy and full of spice chicken pieces just fill you up with its delectable taste and makes this dish of Tandoori Chicken a must have snack at a dinner party with family or friends.Ingredients of Punjabi Tandoori Chicken Recipe: This tandoori chicken is first marinated in freshly made tandoori masala and other spicy masale along with oil and curd and then char grilled to perfection. 8 Large chicken pieces with skin (2 pieces breast, 2 pieces of thighs, a couple of wings) to taste oil
- 4 tsp red chilli paste
- 3 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 1/2 tsp tandoori masala
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp curd
- to taste salt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- For the tandoori masala:
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 5 green cardamom
- 3 brown cardamom
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 cloves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- In a bowl add ginger and garlic paste, red chilli paste, chaat masala, tandoori masala, oil, curd, salt and lemon juice. Mix it well.
- Rub the marinade on the chicken pieces, over the skin and underneath it. Make small gashes in the chicken pieces for the marinade to coat it nicely.
- Marinate the chicken pieces for 30 minutes.
- Char grill the chicken pieces on a griller or tandoor. Baste with oil at regular intervals.
- Serve with lemon wedges and onion rings.
- In a pan dry roast cinnamon, peppercorns, green cardamom, brown cardamom, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf and turmeric powder.
- In a mortar and pestle grind the dry roasted spices into a fine powder. Masala is ready.
- If you are making it in an oven, the temperature needs to be around 250-300 degrees C.
- Serve hot.