Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe
This delicious spicy chicken curry is one of the easiest and quickest chicken recipes to make. It is full of flavours and goes well with roti or rice. This is going to be the highlight of a dinner party at home.
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 Cup Onion paste
- 1 Tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Tomato Puree
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 6 Nos Chicken leg pieces
- 1 Cup Coriander leaves
- 1/2 Cup Water
- In a large saucepan heat oil and ghee together over a medium flame.
- Add onion paste and cook for a minute or two to get a golden pink color.
- Then add ginger and garlic paste. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for few minutes to get a little thick paste. Make sure the paste doesn’t burn.
- After it has cooked, open the pan and add turmeric powder along with salt. Stir well until it appears as a yellow thick paste.
- Add tomato puree and cook for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, red Chilli powder, cumin powder and Garam Masala.
- Put the chicken leg pieces in the gravy and cook for 5 minutes.
- Make sure that chicken is well coated and then add coriander leaves.
- Add some water to it and bring it to the boil for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer this curry to a pressure cooker.
- Give it 4-5 whistles for the chicken to get soft.
- Cook more if it is not cooked properly.
- Put the curry in a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.