Sitaphal ki Subzi Recipe
Sitaphal or kaddu or simply pumpkin is a delicious lunch recipe that is easy and quick to cook. Small pumpkin pieces are mashed and cooked with chillies and spices. A delicious lunch recipe to cook, light and tasty.
- 1 Kg Sitaphal/Kaddu/Kashiphal/Petha/Pumpkin preferable green from outside
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp Saunf / Fennel seed
- 1/2-1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- To taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Dry mango powder/ Aamchoor
- 3-4 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Cut the pumpkin in small pieces without peeling it and wash properly.
- Heat oil in pan, add the methi / fenugreek seeds, saunf and fry for a minute on a low flame or till they are light brown.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder / haldi, salt, pumpkin and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the pumpkin for 20-25 minutes (till they become soft) on low flame.
- Mash the cooked pumpkin with a masher, add sugar, garam masala and aamchoor / dry mango powder, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with poori and plain curd.