Punjabi Dal Tadka Recipe
This Punjabi dal tadka is a mouth watering dish served with roti, naan or rice. Any Punjabi menu is incomplete without this tadka dal. Almost every Indian restaurant has the delicious dal tadka on their menu as the most popular dish.
- 1/2 Cup Chana Dal
- 1/2 Cup Toor Dal
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Green chilli chopped
- 1/2 Cup Dal Water
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped
- 2 Red whole chillis
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves
- In a bowl soak chana dal for 2 hours.
- Similarly in another bowl soak toor dal.
- After soaking, put both in a pressure cooker adding salt, turmeric powder and water.
- Pressure cook the dals for about 5-8 minutes (3-4 whistles) until both are cooked completely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When they crackle add ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add onion and cook until it appears golden pink.
- Now add tomatoes, mix and cook a little more.
- Then add salt, coriander powder, garam masala, and green chilli to it and cook for a minute.
- Add dal water which persisted after boiling the dal and kasoori methi along with it.
- Pour the boiled dal in this onion tomato gravy and let it boil on sim.
- Add more water if required.
- In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds. Let it crackle.
- Add garlic, red whole chillis, and ginger. Cook for few seconds.
- Put red chilli powder and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Pour the tadka over the cooked dal.
- Punjabi Dal Tadka is ready. Serve it hot with roti, naan or jeera rice.