Kerala Fish Curry Recipe
Explore the exclusive taste of Malabari spices seeped into juicy fish pieces. Kerala fish curry is a delectable option to prepare for the next dinner party or regular meal, paired with steamed rice.Ingredients of Kerala Fish Curry Recipe: This fish curry recipe comes with special additions of tamarind extract and curry leaves, simmered with fish and coconut paste.
- 250 gms white fish cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 2 fresh green chillies deseeded, sliced
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut paste
- 1/4 tsp red chilli paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Whole dry red chillies
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 1/2 cup tamarind extract
- 1 cup water
- Make a paste of onion, tomatoes, garlic and green chillies. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add coconut paste and cook until golden brown.
- Add dry spices and cook for about 3 minutes, keep stirring.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in another saucepan.
- Add whole red chillies, curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- Fry until the seeds start spluttering.
- Add onion paste and fry until brown.
- Add the cooked coconut paste, tamarind extract and a cup of water.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add fish pieces and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.