How To: Homemade Pav Bhaji Masala
Pav bhaji is one of most the popular street food in India owing to its delicious spicy taste and aroma, these taste come through the pav bhaji masala. There are many spices and spice powder used in pav bhaji masala like Cumin seed, Coriander powder, Red chili powder, and so on.
How To Make Pav Bhaji Masala At Home
Key Things to Remember when making a Pav Bhaji Masala
- You should take broad non stick pan.
- Take Kashmiri red chili as per your require acrimony level.
- Always cook with medium level flame.
- Dry roast all spice individually to maintain its aroma and taste.
- Do not grind Spices when they are still hot from roasting as this may result in releasing of essential oil from Spices. You will end up with a lumpy mass of Spice.
Step By Step Guidelines of make Pav Bhaji Masala
You can easily prepare Pav Bhaji Masala at home. Taste will be as good as your restaurant next door while having a peace of mind that all the ingredients are pure and there are no adulterations.
- ½ teaspoon Black peppercorns
- 25 Cloves
- 12 Dried red chilies use kashmiri for bright red color
- 2 tablespoons Cumin seeds
- 2 ½ tablespoons Coriander seeds (sabut dhaniya)
- 1 tablespoon Fennel seeds
- 6 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 Black cardamom
- 2 Bay leaves
- 6-8 Curry leaves
- ¼ teaspoon Black salt (Kala namak)
- 1 tablespoons Amchur powder (Dried mango powder)
Buy Premium Quality Spices From JustSpices.in
- Take every spice (Except amchur powder and black salt because it is already dry) in mesh after then turn on flame with medium level. Continuously striving till you get freshly aroma taste. I think it will take around 6 to 7 minutes.
- If color of your spice changes, immediately turn off the flame and take it in other plate, keeping it idle for few minutes.
- When spices temperature come to room temperature then grind them using grinder.
- Mix black salt and amchur powder using your fingerprints because it is a best way to incorporate the masala well. Make sure while mixing you break the lumps of Amchur to maintain consistency of the Powder.
- Lastly store it in an airtight container and you must be use dry spoon, when you take it from container.
- Calories: 43kcal
- Carbohydrates: 7.9g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 195mg
- Potassium: 212mg
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Sugar: 0.5g