Healthy Turmeric Tea
This Turmeric tea recipe is one that I often make when I feel low. This is a health drink health-conscious people.
- 1 cup water – 250 ml
- ½ to 1 tablespoon raw unrefined sugar or jaggery or maple syrup – optional
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric turmeric powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ceylon cinnamon ceylon cinnamon powder and not cassia cinnamon powder – optional
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger dried ginger powder – saunth
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed black pepper or ground black pepper
- In a saucepan take water and raw sugar or jaggery. You can even use maple syrup or skip the sweetener completely.
- Heat the water and let it come to a boil.
- Add turmeric powder, ground ceylon cinnamon, ground ginger and crushed black pepper.
- Boil further for a minute or two.
- Pour and serve. You can even strain the tea.
- Enjoy turmeric tea hot or warm.