Crunchy Vegetable Dal Sattu Croquettes Recipe
Perfect snacks to go with your evening cup of piping hot tea, these lentil croquettes are easy and quick to prepare with just a few ingredients.
- 1 Cup red lentils or masoor dal half-boiled
- 1 potato grated, boiled
- 1 carrot grated
- 100 gms French beans finely chopped
- 2 Bread slices
- 4 tbsp ground chickpea flour sattu
- 4 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1/2 garlic minced
- to taste salt
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp besan
- Bread crumbs for crunchyness
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped
- Refined oil for fryingP
- Boil lentils in pressure cooker for just about 1 pressure. Open lid after sometime and strain extra liquid.
- Mash dal and set aside. Boil 1 potato and grate it. Grate 1 carrot and add finely chopped French green beans.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a wok and add the minced garlic and ginger. Lightly fry and add chopped onion. Then add grated potato and carrot.
- Add slightly wet and mashed bread, chickpea flour, salt, sugar to taste, green chilies, red chili powder, and lastly add the mashed dal. Toss till the mixture is fully dry.
- Sprinkle chat masala, garam masala and chopped coriander.
- Make balls out of the dal mixture and dip in corn flour and besan.
- Crispy fry and serve with any kind of dip.
- Alternately these croquettes can be made round like balls and shallow fried with 2 tablespoons of oil.