Chickpea And Spinach Salad
While chickpeas are loaded with zinc, spinach has tons of vitamin C and beta-carotene. Together they make a great immunity-building combination and a healthy lunch which can be tossed quickly on a busy afternoon.
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas
- Half cup chopped onions
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- Quarter cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Half tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 and half tablespoon cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas and onion. In a second bowl, whisk the dressing together of olive oil, lemon juice, zest, cumin, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the chickpea mixture and toss to combine. Serve the salad on a bed of spinach leaves.
Buy Ingredients for this Recipe