Baked Kachori Recipe
Enjoy street food, the guilt free way. The otherwise deep fried goodies have taken a healthy turn.
- 50 gms urad daal powder
- 3 tsp red chili powder
- 6 tsp dhaniya powder
- 4 tsp fennel powder
- 1/4 tsp heeng asafoetida
- 1 tsp yeast
- 250 gms wheat flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- to taste salt
- 1-2 tsp oil
- Put the urad daal powder in a bowl and add water proportionally and mix it well. Leave it to stand for 30 minutes. It should swell and dry.
- Add red chili powder, fennel powder, salt, dhaniya powder, hing, and make it soft with the help of warm water.
- Take a bowl and add wheat flour, sugar, water and yeast and knead it well. Leave the dough for 1 hour.
- Add little oil to the dough and start making patties of the dough by stuffing a “pithi” or center filling of urad daal. Roll these with a rolling pin to a size of 6-7 inches diameter.
- Oil a baking tray and bake it in a preheated oven at 160 degrees till they are crisp and give a light golden brown color.