Andhra style mutton curry 🌶🐐!!
Servings: 4 pepole
- 650 grams mutton
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1 &1/4 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
Ingredients for mutton curry
- 1&1/2 tbsp oil
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 cup onions fine chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 to 2 Green chilies slit
- 2 tsp meat masala
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp or as neededsalt if needed
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves for garnish
- Marinate mutton with the salt, ginger garlic, turmeric, chilli powder and curd. Yogurt & ginger garlic paste are natural meat
- Set aside for about 45 mins to 1 hour. Marinating for longer makes the mutton soft and tender. I refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Keep the mutton out of the refrigerator at least 30 mins before cooking.
- How to make mutton curryHeat oil in a pan. Then saute bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamom for 2 mins.
- Add onions and green chilies. Saute until onions turn golden.Lower the flame to very low as much as possible. Then transfer the marinated mutton and saute for 5 to 7 mins.
- Cook covered for 10 mins. When you see the moisture begins to release, then add the meat masala & curry leaves Saute for another 2 to 3 mins.Pour tomato puree and saute until the raw smell of tomatoes goes away. This takes about 5 to 7 mins.
- Pour water & mix well.If cooking in a regular pot, then cook until soft and tender, adding more water as & when needed. If using pressure cooker – pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles on a medium flame.When the pressure goes off, stir and simmer further if the curry is runny.
- Taste the curry and add more salt if needed. Sprinkle some coriander leaves if you have.
- Serve mutton curry