Aloo Qorma Recipe
Giving a twist to your everyday aloo ki sabzi are the few ingredients that makes this delicious serving of Aloo Qorma. Cashewnuts tossed with spices and yogurt adds to the rich flavour of this curry. Best for those summer brunches and even for your dinner parties.
- 8 Medium potatoes
- For Yogurt Mixture:
- 10 gram ginger paste
- 20 gram garlic paste
- 3 gram red chilli powder
- 6 gram coriander seed powder
- 125 gram yogurt whisk well
- Cooking ingredients:
- 90 gram clarified butter
- 4 pieces Ggeen cardamoms
- 100 gram onion sliced
- 30 gram cashewnuts blend with water to a fine paste , roasted
- to taste salt
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1.5 gram black pepper powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh dairy cream
- 20 gram coriander leaves finely chopped
- Wash the potatoes, peel and cut into halves.
- Then fry in cooking oil over low heat. When the potatoes rise to the surface, increase to high heat and fry until potatoes are golden brown.
- Mix all the ingredients of the yoghurt mixture in a bowl and keep aside.Add Clarified butter to a pan, set to medium heat, add green cardamom and stir until the cardamom changes colour.
- Now add the sliced onions and stir and roast until the onions are golden brown. Add cup of water and continue to stir until all moisture dries up and fat appears on the sides.
- Add the yogurt mixture, stir and roast until the fat appears on the sides. Then add the cashew paste and continue to roast until fat appears on the sides.
- Now add the potatoes, salt, stir, add one cup of water, cardamom, pepper and nutmeg powder, cover and simmer over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until the potatoes soak the gravy.
- Remove the cover, add lemon juice, stir for a minute, add the cream and remove from heat.Transfer to a bowl, garnish with coriander and serve.