Achaar Wala Paneer Recipe
A quick and easy paneer recipe with shredded cabbage and achaari flavors.
- 500 gm paneer cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp sarson ka tel mustard oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kalonji onion/nigella seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp rai or sarson mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp saunf fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp moti kutti lal mirch paprika, or to taste
- 3-4 sabut lal mirch whole red pepper
- 1 1/2 cup 250 thickly sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- Salt to taste
- In a heavy based pan, heat the oil, and add the kalonji, rai/sarson, saunf, moti kutti lal mirch and the sabut mirch, and saute over high heat, till they begin to splutter.
- Add the cabbage and continue sauteing till the cabbage looks glossy.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and keep aside. In the same pan, over high heat, add the tomato puree and salt and saute till fat separates.
- Add the cabbage mixture and the paneer pieces and saute for 2-3 minutes for the flavors to blend before serving.